What We’ve Done and Where We’re Going
- Created a Word Press website and Facebook account to keep our supporters updated.
- Officially became a 501 (c)(3).
- Held the Sunu Foundation Kickoff at Dorsey & Whitney LLP.
- Hosted our first Friends and Families Fundraiser.
- Sponsored JAM Camp where 238 kids attended a four week summer camp (for free!). Camp attendees were able to take field trips, complete many fun art projects and activities, play games, and all youth even received a camp t-shirt at the closing ceremony.
- Visited Gouye Mbaye Elementary School in the region of Louga, Africa (just north of Senegal) and donated 100 backpacks filled with school supplies to 100 students!
- Collected $9,157.47 in donations.
Pretty big year in 2018 for year one of Sunu Foundation!
What’s in store for 2019 you ask?
We are currently exploring new partnerships in both the United States and Senegal. We will be hosting another Friends and Family Fundraiser, possibly two. You better believe there will be another sponsored JAM Camp and School Supplies Donation. Stay tuned for what new things we will be able to do as Sunu Foundation continues to receive donations from people who believe in supporting the educational dreams of Senegalese youth! If you feel so inclined, there is now a donation option on our page.